- 5-Star School
- Small School size and classes allow students to participate in a cadre of activities.
- Strong focus on post-secondary education and/or career plans as evidenced by large AP and Career Technical offerings and CTE Industry Certifications.
- Tradition as a community school/third generation.
- Business Industry Certifications in Adobe and Microsoft Office Software.
- Partnership with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and MacDill AFB
- Superior Instrumental Music Programs
- Academy of Travel & Tourism
- Outstanding ROTC program
- Athletic Achievement
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Program
Ranking by U.S. News and World Report for 2016
National Rank #731
State Rank #54
Magnet Rank #105